Saturday 9 September 2017

Don Williams, Country Music Star Dies

The Gentle Giant is no more.

I roll to the hills and rest under the Fig tree, looking at the African Savannah grassland across the plateau I die with you. The memories still flash, and gentle giant voice still reverberates my ears. I salute you and Cross the river.

                          Gentle Giant you gone, The land of my fathers you are resting,

                          Rest well Country Boy, 'I am Just a country boy'

                          My favorite , the songs sung forth beyond sunset.

                          The sheep shown ways home, the sun sets,

                          Holding Back tears, Your songs wiping them off

                          Smiles for a country King, Don Williams

                          The Mellow voice, the mellowing sounds, I am blessed

                          Fare well Don Williams. 'Till the rivers all ran dry'

Yes, 'You are my Best Friend' its the songs you sung that made me love country music and its the beautiful worlds without blemish, its purity of country music that makes this miracle music rise forth. Turn on the road  and 'come early in the morning' Gentle Giant' Don I salute you Don William.

Dedicating the song 'I recall a Gypsy Woman'  as the red-orb of the sun darkens the western skies.

Bye Don...... Joshua  K. Boitt


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome you to my blog...comments are free..facts a sacrament...its all yours..say as it is